Calling all students, parents, and community members! It’s time to celebrate the superheroes who shape our future: our incredible local teachers. We know that every teacher and school staff member pour their hearts and souls into their students, often sacrificing their own time and well-being.
This is more than just a giveaway: it’s a chance to recognize the incredible impact teachers have on our lives and communities. By nominating a teacher, you’re not just saying “thank you,” you’re giving them the chance to recharge, reconnect, and come back to the classroom with renewed energy and inspiration.
- Nominate your favorite teacher! Anyone in the community can nominate a deserving teacher or school staff member who has gone above and beyond. Click below and tell us why this educator is exceptional, how they’ve impacted your life or the lives of others, and what makes them a true hero.
- Spread the word! Share the nomination form with your network – classmates, friends, parents, fellow educators, The more nominations, the greater the celebration!
- Follow us on social media for an extra entry into the giveaway! Don’t forget to follow us on social media for updates and a chance to win additional prizes!
- Winner will be announced on Teacher Appreciation Week. We’ll choose a winner around Teacher Appreciation Week (May 6th – 10th, 2024) and select one outstanding teacher to claim their dream vacation. Watch for our announcement on social media or ScottVicknair.com!
The lucky winner will be sent on a FREE cruise vacation!
Do you know an educator who goes above and beyond? Who inspires curiosity, ignites passions, and makes a real difference in their students’ lives? Tell us why they deserve this dream vacation!
Let’s celebrate the heroes who educate and inspire! Nominate your favorite teacher today using the form below, and help them set sail for an unforgettable adventure!
Winner receives a $2500 credit with Independent Travel Agent, Jennifer Burck of Castles and Cruises Travel. Recipient has up 3 months after presentation date to book and 18 months to travel. Amount of gift certificate covers cruise fare for two people including port taxes, fees, and prepaid gratuities. The cruise fare includes:
* the stateroom
* food (including the late night pizza) and non-alcoholic drinks (non-bottled water, lemonade, ice tea, and non-specialty coffee and tea)
* the shows and entertainment
* lounges featuring live music and entertainment (any alcohol would be purchased separately)
* fitness center
* pools, hot tub spas and waterslides
Cruise prices subject to change and not guaranteed until time of reservation/deposit. Availability and state room type are limited. Services and amenities above and beyond $2500 are sole responsibility of the winning party. Award has no cash value and is non-transferrable.
Rules for the High Seas and ABCs Teacher Cruise
Eligibility: The essay contest is open to current teachers and school staff at any public, private, or charter school in Southeast Louisiana.
Rights: The organizers of the contest reserve the right to publish nomination contents of entries on their website or in other publications, with appropriate credit given to the authors.
Deadline: The deadline for essay submission is April 23 at 11:59 p.m. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Judging Criteria: Judges will use the following criteria to evaluate the entries:
Notification: Winners will be notified by email and/or phone, and their names will be posted on JustCallMoe.com, DeWittlaw.com and the DeWitt Law Firm’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Tik Tok. Winner will be announced no later than May 10, 2024.
Disqualification: Submissions that do not meet the contest rules or are submitted after the deadline will be disqualified.
Legal Compliance: The contest will comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Email addresses and contact information: All email addresses and contact information collected during this essay contest may be used for future marketing purposes for the Scott Vicknair Law Firm. Your information will not be sold to outside organizations or businesses.
Prize is non-transferable and has no cash value.
No purchase necessary.
Offer is valid for new bookings, and is not combinable with other promotional offers.
Limitations of liability – we are not responsible for technical or human error or injury resulting from entering and/or winning this contest.
The Scott Vicknair Law Firm reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Scott Vicknair Law Firm’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Scott Vicknair Law Firm in its sole discretion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Scott Vicknair Law Firm reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Void where prohibited by law.