Injuries can result from many situations. One of the newest occurrences of personal injury is injury caused by drones. Hundreds of cases of drones causing property damage or personal injury have surfaced in the years since drones were popularized for personal use. Common places where drones are used include parades, weddings, homes, and even office buildings.
Though drones are a common trend on holiday wish lists, they can cause painful injuries, and drone accidents have real legal consequences. As our technological capabilities evolve, we must also acknowledge the legal implications of the use and misuse of drones. Our New Orleans drone accident lawyers know how to help you get compensated for any harm you sustained.
What Is a Drone?
A drone is an unmanned flying vehicle, often with a camera attached. The propeller blades that rotate cause the drone to fly and are either exposed or guarded. They come in all sizes and are usually operated by a remote controller.
What Are Common Injuries Sustained by Drone Accidents?
Drone accidents are often due to a loss of control. They are very sensitive to pilot and are difficult to learn how to operate. Because of the nature of these flying objects, it is easy for them to fall or end up as a dangerous threat to people and to property.
There are several different ways that drone propellers can cause injuries such as:
- Laceration of the eye
- Loss of eye
- Concussion and head injuries
- Facial lacerations
- Spinal injuries
- Burns from the battery exploding or catching on fire
What Do I Do If I Have Been Injured by a Drone?
If you were the victim of a drone accident, here are some helpful guidelines:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your injury.
- Get the information of the person who was operating the drone.
- If possible, record the model type of the drone that injured you.
- Take pictures of the injuries and the location that it happened.
- Get eye witness statements and their information.
- Report the incident to the police.
- Contact our Scott Vicknair, LLC personal injury lawyers
You may be entitled to monetary compensation if you have been injured by a drone. Call our New Orleans drone accident lawyers today to schedule a free consultation.